TIMESINDONESIA, JAKARTA – Rainy days call for warming comfort food that will satisfy your hunger and make you feel comfortable. Here is the best rainy-day recipe to make in the rainy days, Mackerel Soup.
Mackerel is available in traditional markets and supermarkets. This fish is a rich source of omega-3 that is higher compared to salmon.
Here is the simple cooking method to make mackerel soup.
- 4 medium-sized Mackerels, cleaned, cut in half
- 600 cc water
- 8 cloves of garlic
- separuh tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- satu cm ginger, bruised
- 3 lime leaves
- 1 stem of scallion, cut it into 2 cm
- 1 red tomato, diced
1. Bring the water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, bruise the garlic and stir-fry it with some cooking oil.
2. Put the Mackerel and the stir-fried garlic into the boiling water. Put some salt, pepper, bruised ginger, lime leaves, scallion, and tomato.
3. You can add some chillies to spice up the taste.
4. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Serve it warm and enjoy the Mackerel soup. The ginger and pepper in the soup will make your body warm and healthy. (*)